When I was younger, I used to get annoyed when someone would comment on how young I looked. Even though I am older than Jason, we'd still hear snarky comments- "You robbing the cradle with that one?" Or, going out in a group to the bar or casino, I was usually the only one to get stopped for age verification. Now that I'll be 40 in a few very short years, I don't mind the comments so much. I find it funny when someone will ask where my sister is, referring to my 16 year old daughter, or when her friends get baffled expressions upon meeting me for the first time. "That's your mom?!"
Sometimes, a youthful appearance is all about hitting the gene pool lottery. As much as I hated my small, elfish features when I was little, they are serving me well in my older years. But, those small features can only get one so far. Establishing a good beauty routine also plays a pivotal role in keeping the signs of aging at bay, and today I am sharing my tips with you.
• Keep Skin Clean & Moisturize! Keeping the skin moisturized and hydrated is one of best ways to keep skin looking young and healthy. I wash my face twice daily, followed by an eye cream and facial moisturizer. Once a week, I apply a mud mask for tightening and toning of the skin. I started doing this in my early 20's, and am glad I didn't wait until the signs of aging popped up before starting. I believe the earlier you start this routine, the better off you'll be for it in the long run.
• Sleep. Nothing wrecks havoc on your skin and appearance like lack of sleep. While I aim for 8 hours of sleep a night, being a busy mom, in reality, I sometimes only get 6. When that happens, I do look for little breaks in my day to take a quick catnap. It all adds up!
• Eat Healthy. You are what you eat, and if you eat junk all the time, that's probably how you'll look, too. I'm guilty of sneaking in some not-so-good-for-me foods every now and again, but overall, I maintain good eating habits. Lean meats, lots of fruits and veggies, and snacking on Greek yogurt. If you eat a well balanced diet, you'll be rewarded with great looking skin, hair and nails.
• Drink water! Mainly, I only drink water throughout the day. I elimiated sugary and caffinated beverages from my diet years ago. They can cause the skin to look dehydrated, dull, and even cause acne.
• Sweat! Fitness has always been a big part of my life, and I think it's so important to work up a good sweat several times a week. Not only will it help remove toxins from the body, you'll build muscles that will make your body smokin' hot!
Additionally, I rely on a little support from NeoCell supplements for an added boost to my overall appearance. I've been using NeoCell products for a little over 3 years, and absolutely love them! I was thrilled to find out they now have two new products in their lineup: Platinum Glow Matrix and Derma Matrix.
NeoCell Glow Matrix is a dietary supplement that provide collagen supporting ingredients to deliver improved skin moisture and elasticity, and reduce signs of aging. It is crafted to support collagen health on a systemic level, targeting specific wellness concerns for total body vitality. The Ceramides act as a water barrier to prevent moisture from leaving through the skin, keeping it smooth and hydrated. Take 3 easy to swallow capsules daily to get skin hydrated from the inside out. Many people see improved results in just 15 days!
The Derma Matrix Collagen Skin Complex is one of my new favorites! It's designed to promote the reduction of fine lines & wrinkles, and support cell turnover & elasticity. It protects against cell-damaging free radicals and aids in healthy collagen formation. The Derma Matrix is a powder that dissolves instantly in water, juice, or smoothies. I love to have a smoothie after my workouts, and lately, I've been big on consuming cranberries because of the antioxidants and because they also help combat free radicals that can damage cellular structure. For an extra anti-aging boost, I put a scoop of the NeoCell Derma Matrix in as I am blending the ingredients together.
1/2 cup frozen cranberries
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (do not use Greek yogurt. It adds more tartness to the smoothie)
1/2 cup regular or almond milk
2 tablespoons honey
1 Scoop NeoCell Derma Matrix Collagen Skin Complex
Directions: Blend all ingredients together. Serve immediately.
(If you find the smoothie too tart, add 1/2 banana more)
You can find these amazing NeoCell products right on NeoCell.com. To stay up to date on new products, be sure to follow along on Twitter and Facebook.
*The statements here have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
What are some of you anti-aging beauty tips?