I always thought that I'd have more time for myself when my girls got a little older. Some weeks, it actually feels like the opposite. Between rushing to doctor and dental appointments, parent-teacher meetings, after school activities, and let's not mention my girls have a better social life than I do, I spend a lot of time chauffeuring them all over town. On top of everything else, I have to find time in my day to get some actual work done, clean the house, and squeeze in a little gym time. In all that madness, it can be difficult to stay on track with healthy eating habits. Living a healthy lifestyle is very important to me, so I've reorganized my kitchen in a way that it will encourage me to reach for healthier food options instead of letting myself get derailed into the not-so-good junk pile. Here's how I am maintaining a healthy meal plan during my busy week:
• I am placing high-fiber and whole grain cereals in the front of the pantry, next to the granola and oatmeal. First thing in the morning, I am too tired to dig in the back for the sugary cereals, so I grab what's convenient.
• For snacking, I keep fruits readily available on the kitchen counter. It's easy to eat fruit when it's within eyesight at all times.
• Yogurts and veggies are placed in the front of the refrigerator at eye level.
• I keep a pitcher of water filled with fruit in the fridge, which always looks refreshing.
• After workouts, I am starving! It's really tempting to swing into a fast food drive-through, especially when you have a busy day still ahead of you, or you are exhausted from the busy day you just had. But, that can KILL all of the work you just put in at the gym. So, I like to keep a high protein snack in my gym back to hold me over until I get home. Then, I can open the freezer and grab a Healthy Choice Café Steamers meal to satisfy my hunger quickly and deliciously as soon as I get home.
I am totally in love with Healthy Choice Café Steamers because it helps me maintain a healthy meal plan during my hectic week. Ready in about 4 minutes, I can have a hot, healthy and satisfying meal on the table in less time than it would have taken me to go to the drive-through.
Each Healthy Choice Café Steamers meal is made with real ingredients and contains no preservatives, so you aren't sacrificing taste or freshness. What I find really cool is the unique tray-in-tray steam cooking method, where the sauce is kept in a compartment below the veggies, so the veggies aren't frozen in the sauce. Meaning, you get crisp vegetables and you can control the amount of sauce that goes on your plate. Sounds like a winner to me!
Here's a fascinating little tidbit. Healthy Choice is the only major brand in the frozen meals section that can call 100% of its products "healthy" as approved by the FDA. That makes me feel good about keeping the Healthy Choice Café Steamers on hand as part of my meal plan for the week. At work, home, or on the go, the meals are perfect to keep stocked for a quick and satisfying lunch or dinner option.
You can find Healthy Choice Café Steamers in the frozen meal section of your grocers freezer nationwide.
To learn more about Healthy Choice Café Steamers, visit www.facebook.com/healthychoice or www.HealthyChoice.com.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.