*Disclosure- I received the mentioned product courtesy of the sponsor for the purpose of this review. All opinions are genuine, based on my experience with the product, and have not been influenced by promotional items.
Monday is the big day! Allison's first track meet of the season! She's been training almost every weekday for the past few months, and we are so excited to finally get to put her skills to the test.
Actually, over the next several weeks, we are going to be eating, breathing and sleeping track. Crummy weather conditions halted our first two meets and every practice last week. Now that the weather is finally warming up, we have to make up all that lost time. Which means spending a LOT of time outdoors. As a mom, it's my job to make sure I am keeping my daughter protected from sun exposure at all times, but I know I also need to make sure I am practicing sun safety from the sidelines too. Today I am sharing with you how I stay sun safe while cheering on my little athlete.
• Sunscreen. I make sure I apply it every time I am going to be outdoors, then reapply every 2 hours. I also wear cosmetics that have UV protection in them
• Wear a hat. A wide-brimmed hat offers more protection, but any hat will do. I've suffered sunburn on my scalp before, and it's quite painful! It's also looks pretty gross when it starts to peel!
• If possible, sit under a tree or canopy that provides a lot of shade.
• Bring an umbrella. It's a great way to throw off the sun's rays!
• Wear sunglasses with total UV protection to protect your eyes and the delicate skin around them.
• Wear clothing that blocks UV rays. The SCF recommends sun-protective clothing as the first line of defense against UV exposure. T-shirts are not adequate protection against UV rays. You need clothing that offers a rating of UPF 50+, as well as moisture wicking so you don't over heat. You can find amazing selections at Coolibar!
Coolibar is the most
recommended and tested sun protective clothing company in the United States.
Based in Minneapolis, the company was founded in 2001 to bring Australia¹s
world-leading approaches to sun protection to the American market and beyond by
producing and selling sun protective apparel for active families through
catalog and online. Dedicated to the highest quality sun protective clothing,
hats and accessories, Coolibar guarantees UPF 50+ ratings for the life of their
garments. Each garment is developed with sun protection as the number one
priority with a full line of proprietary SUNTECT® fabrics. Coolibar has been
recognized by the Skin Cancer Foundation, the American Academy of Dermatology
and the Melanoma International Foundation for effective sun protection.
Coolibar Cares, the company¹s giving back initiative, supports programs such as
SunAWARE, School Sun Hat program, Doctor Connect, the AAD Camp Discovery for
sun sensitive children as well as athlete sponsorships and product donations.
I am in love with my Coolibar Banded Fitness Tee!
I have been wearing it frequently to track practices. It is definitely my go to shirt for when I know I am going to be outdoors for long periods of time.
What I love about the Coolibar Banded Fitness Tee:
• It offers a lot of coverage. With a UPF of 50+, it blocks out 98% of harmful sun rays.
• It's lightweight. I don't mind wearing it on warmer days because the material is thin, and is moisture wicking, so I stay cool and dry.
• The gathered details at the shoulder and hemline make it look very stylish.
• Key-hole cutouts for thumbs keep sleeves securely in place as I clap and cheer on Allison.
• Easy care. Wash and tumble dry.
Not only is the shirt great for sun protection while cheering on the sidelines, it's really going to come in handy at the gym. Every spring our Zumba and Boot Camp classes get moved outside, the 50+ UPF is going to keep me sun safe, and the moisture wicking aspect is going to keep me cool and dry during those intense workouts. I am even eying some of Coolibar's super cute leggings to add to my fitness wardrobe!
Coolibar has cute, comfy and stylish clothing that will keep your entire family sun safe this spring and summer. If you would like to learn more, visit their website. Additionally, stay up to date on new products and promotions by following along on Facebook and Twitter.