1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup pumpkin puree (not whole pumpkin/pumpkin pie filling)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup peeled, cored chopped apple (any sweet apple will do)
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line muffin pan with greased muffin liners.
• In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and cloves.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil apple, walnuts and vanilla.
• Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring to combine until just moistened. Pour the filling into the muffin cups until they are 3/4 full.
• Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted through the center comes out clean.
• Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve.
What is your favorite kind of muffin? Do you serve muffins or dinner rolls for Thanksgiving?