Throughout the month of January, American Express is covering the costs associated with joining the Be The Match Bone Marrow Registry. The total cost to add a new member to the registry is usually around $100.00.
Patients with blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma, sickle cell and other life-threatening diseases depend on the Be The Match Registry to find a match to save their life.
It's easy to join the Be The Match Registry:
1. Confirm you meet basic registry guidelines (you must be between 18-60): http://marrow.org/Join/Join_the_Registry.aspx
2. Complete the online form and order your registration kit.
3. Follow the instructions in your kit to collect a swab of cheek cells and return the kit.
Adults from these backgrounds are especially needed:
- Black or African American
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Asian, including South Asian
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
- Hispanic or Latino
- Multiple race